Crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside, and full of yummy spice that fills your head. These taste like Christmastime…
Molasses and Spice Cookies
- 12 T butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/4 cup flour (292 grams)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Cream sugars and butter together until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, spices, and baking soda
- Add egg yolk and vanilla to butter and sugar mixture, until just incorporated.
- Add molasses to wet ingredients. Blend until just incorporated.
- Add flour mixture in three batches, mixing each addition until incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls (about 1 oz each). Roll each ball in additional granulated sugar. Place on parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.