This is my momma’s stuffing recipe. Though she tried various additions over her many decades of making it (mushrooms, oysters, etc.), this was her ultimate recipe that always made it to the Thanksgiving table year after year. Although admittedly biased, I just can’t imagine a stuffing recipe that tops either my mom’s or grandma’s.
1 box Uncle Ben’s Original Recipe Long Grain and Wild Rice
1 12-ounce bag Pepperidge Farm stuffing cubes
4 Tablespoons butter
1 large onion, finely diced
3 stalks celery, finely diced
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups poultry stock (or broth)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Using a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and celery, cooking until onion is translucent and begins to brown.
- Pour stuffing cubes into a large mixing bowl. Add rice, onion-celery mixture, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and stock. Mix together well.
- Place stuffing into the baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.