Football season is upon us and this snack takes less than five minutes to throw together. Adjust the heat by using more or less jalapeno. Try it as a topping for scrambled eggs or breakfast burrito — if you can keep it around that long.
Incidentally, if you happen to have a Moe’s Southwest Grill around, rumor has it that you can purchase a huge bag of their tortilla chips for a reasonable price.
- 29-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large cloves garlic
- 1 whole jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/2 teaspoon table salt)
- juice from two limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- Throw all ingredients into a blender or food processor. Process about 30 seconds, or until desired consistency is reached.