I love everything about this stuff. Not only is this a quick meal, but it's flexible. Adjust the spice level by adding more or less of the curry paste. Use any colorful vegetable you have on hand: red cabbage, red pepper, green pepper, carrots, eggplant, long beans, snow peas, kale. Likewise, use any protein you like: chicken, pork, tofu, etc.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 pounds chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 Thai eggplants, quartered (or about 8 oz American or Italian eggplant)
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 4 oz carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup loosely packed Thai basil leaves (about 20 leaves)
- Heat oil and red curry paste in a wok over med-high heat, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir fry until 80% cooked through.
- Add coconut milk and vegetables. Cook until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil leaves, fish sauce, and sugar.
430 calories; 23g fat; 1087g sodium; 695g potassium; 12g carbs; 3g fiber; 34g protein