She says: For a quick and spicy summer meal, serve these along with Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salad!
He says: You might ask, “Does that middle skewer bisect the angle formed by the outer skewers?” To which I’d reply, “Can it, Pythagoras … we’re lookin’ at grilled shrimp here.” But if you insist on getting all geometrical, you’ll observe that the skewers meet at the vertex formed by our old friend, fresh corn and black bean s̶a̶l̶s̶a̶ salad. Note that I don’t call the skewers “rays,” because that would imply that they extend forever from the vertex bowl, and sadly “infinite grilled shrimp” is just too much awesome for this imperfect universe.
In this recipe, we leave the shells on the shrimp to prevent them from drying out. To save time cleaning, pick up some raw, large (or bigger) EZ peel shrimps. Adjust cooking time as necessary.
If using bamboo skewers, soak for at least an hour before using.
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, cleaned with shell on
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pressed
- Prepare grill.
- Zest and juice lime. Add remaining marinade ingredients and whisk together.
- Add marinade and shrimp to a bowl and toss to coat. Marinade 20 minutes while coals and grill are heating.
- Place shrimp on skewers. Grill for 2-3 minutes each side.