Here is another healthy dose of veggies! This one is great for a few reasons. Firstly, you can prep the greens, eggs, and bacon ahead of time. It’s also a great use of any leftover chicken you may have lingering in the refrigerator. Finally … bacon is listed among the ingredients. Bacon.
We prefer to used grilled chicken for this salad. So, if we grill chicken earlier in the week, we'll throw on a few extra pieces to use as leftovers later in the week. However, there are times when we can't plan that far in advance, so feel free to cook the chicken however you wish: grill, pan saute, even boil.
- 5 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 9 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pounds), cooked and cubed
- 12 slices bacon, fried crisp and chopped or crumbled
- 2 California avocados, diced
- 8 cups salad greens (romaine, spinach, etc)
- 12-16 ounces grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing.
- Toss greens together with 1/2 of the salad dressing. Arrange on plates to form a base for the remaining salad ingredients.
- Arrange the remaining salad ingredients in rows as desired.
- Drizzle each salad with remaining dressing.