8 slices bacon
3 ounces pecans
3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
2 Tablespoons bacon grease
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 10-ounce bag baby spinach
½ red bell pepper, cut into very thin strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil. Place bacon on foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until bacon is crispy, turning once mid-way through baking time. Reserve 2 Tablespoons bacon grease. Crumble bacon.
- In a dry nonstick skillet over medium low heat, toast pecans until fragrant. Rough chop the pecans.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and canola oil until an emulsion begins to form. Add warm bacon grease and whisk again until combined. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Toss together spinach, red pepper, dressing until well-coated. Add half of the cheese, bacon, and pecans. Toss again.
- Plate, sprinkling the remaining bacon, pecans, and cheese on top.